Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Harry Potter forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedA Stupid Decision

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einsteingooddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 10:38am
Originally posted by FinalExam FinalExam wrote:

There were vital parts of the plot that didn't get explained. I know people who hadn't read the book that didn't understand what was going on,and I had to explain it to them based on what I knew from the book. I agree a movie shouldn't overstay its welcome, but you have to make it long enough to make sure it makes sense.

So what parts did they leave out or not explain??

I've still only watched the first movie, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of them after I've finished reading the books. I have no expectations for the movies to be anwhere close to the books...but I really enjoyed watching the first movie after reading the book...so hopefully the rest of them will be good too!!

Currently reading: The Shack by William P. Young

Just Finished:Odd Hours
Sponsored Links

Einsteingooddog View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einsteingooddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2008 at 10:40am
Originally posted by christophersnow christophersnow wrote:

My friend says they left out Dumbledore taking on the five ministry wizards, the coolest scene in Harry Potter history.

That is definitely a valid reason to not watch any of the movies.

Why they would not include such an awesome scene that also shows you new things about such an extraordinary character is beyond me.
Currently reading: The Shack by William P. Young

Just Finished:Odd Hours
Dagnarus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dagnarus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2008 at 12:29am
the movies are good but it is ridiculous what they miss out, it is atleast a quater if not more of the book, and that goes for most of the films.
www.profileconnexions.co.uk
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2008 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Einsteingooddog Einsteingooddog wrote:

Originally posted by FinalExam FinalExam wrote:

There were vital parts of the plot that didn't get explained. I know people who hadn't read the book that didn't understand what was going on,and I had to explain it to them based on what I knew from the book. I agree a movie shouldn't overstay its welcome, but you have to make it long enough to make sure it makes sense.

So what parts did they leave out or not explain??

I've still only watched the first movie, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of them after I've finished reading the books. I have no expectations for the movies to be anwhere close to the books...but I really enjoyed watching the first movie after reading the book...so hopefully the rest of them will be good too!!

The whole prophecy thing--which is the crux of the whole story--is actually only glossed over at the end, so I felt it would leave nonreaders scratching their heads. Plus I thought Sirius's fate was made to be rather confusing as that archway was never really discussed, what it was and such. I also didn't like them leaving out the bits about how the prophecy could have been about Neville, though it wasn't necessary for the plot, I thought its exclusion made the story lose something.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Dagnarus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dagnarus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2008 at 11:11pm
im with you there FINAL, especially about the prophecy, that is why i get more enjoyment out of reading the books than i do watching the films because i get frustrated when i see how much they miss out lol and i encourage others to read the books before they see the films
www.profileconnexions.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic