Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Harry Potter forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOfficial Deathly Hallows SPOILER discussion!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2007 at 6:28pm
I'm sure Hermione's after school job is working to free magical creatures.

Although Harry had a few similarities as being Christ-like, I really like OSC's take on it. OSC
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
Sponsored Links

Orson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2007 at 7:15pm
I really liked how she handled the parting of Harry and the Dursleys. I think giving Dudley that little bit of humanity towards Harry but not changing the dynamics of the family by having Petunia become all maternal was perfect. I think it would have been great to have Dudley in the epilogue, standing at the train station with his own child who turned out to be a witch or wizard. A funny little twist.

I always felt that Snape was going to end up as a good guy in the end. She gave lots of clues that Dumbledore asked for the death he recieved and I was happy with the way it turned out. Kind of sad that Snape had to die but I like what Harry said about him in the end.

I hate that Dobby had to die, I just loved that little guy. Lupin and Tonks dying didn't surprise me but I did think that Harry would end up raising little Teddy and it didn't turn out that way.

I too wanted to see how George coped with the loss of Fred. I think that was the death that upset me the most because of the strong brotherly bond between those two and how they were so funny together.

All in all I'm very satisfied with the last book and I feel a little bit empty inside knowing that it's all over.
Woof.
Now reading: Whispers
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2007 at 10:50am
This has been several times, that Harry did not raise Teddy. Where is the evidence for this? I just can't remember it.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2007 at 3:22pm
Maybe people think that because one of Harry's kids refers to him as "our Teddy." I saw an interview with Rowling where she said the epilogue was originally more detailed, and both Ron and Harry are both aurors and that Hermonie works high up in the department of magical law enforcement. She also said that the new headmaster would not be anyone the readers knew, but someone newly hired.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
breezit View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breezit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2007 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Orson Orson wrote:

I really liked how she handled the parting of Harry and the Dursleys. I think giving Dudley that little bit of humanity towards Harry but not changing the dynamics of the family by having Petunia become all maternal was perfect.

Actually, one of my least favorite aspects of the series was the Dursleys. I found them amusing at the beginning, but I tired of them rather quickly. It was nice that Dudley became slightly decent toward the end, but I felt it was too little, too late myself.

"In the real world as in dreams, nothing is quite what it seems.” Dean Koontz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic