Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Writer's Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Science Fiction Cafe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2007 at 6:33am
Okay, read it. A very solid and intriguing concept. I liked the patrons sitting around discussing time travel. I would say the story needs a good polish, as far as grammar and tightening it up. Also I thought the ending could have been expanded. For your very first story, an impressive effort.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Sponsored Links

christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2007 at 9:31am
I was thinking about this, because I love all of the references, but you never see this happen in big time published books. Is it OK to make all these references, or do publishers not allow this for copyright reasons?
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
Oddy View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2007 at 11:52am
Originally posted by christophersnow christophersnow wrote:

I was thinking about this, because I love all of the references, but you never see this happen in big time published books. Is it OK to make all these references, or do publishers not allow this for copyright reasons?

I think Koontz makes plenty of references such as Harry Potter. If anything, it's free advertising.
"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious"
~Michael Scott in The Office
Paolo Macachor View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paolo Macachor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2008 at 2:52am
Very entertaining haha... Has some spoilers for LIGHTNING though.

And Emma Roberts is cute! She has a movie this year I think it's called "Wild Child". Loved her prissiness in Nancy Drew.
dnurse64 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnurse64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2008 at 6:53am
Awesome! I enjoyed the whole story. When is the next chapter? I didn't even know this part of the forum existed.
I'm inclined to believe in parallel worlds filled with dark bound Snow and Odd adventures.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic