Forum Home Forum Home > TV/Movie/music Forums > Film & TV Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeen anything average lately?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2008 at 6:37am
Jumper (2008)

February 16

Ridiculous. Stupid. Terrible acting. Grammar school special effects. The characters are stupid. The lines are more awkward than my own awkward conversation skills. Too many plot holes to count. What can I say, it was so stupid that it was funny. It was loads of stupid fun. The good guys weren't really that good though, which I hate. Even Sam Jackson was weak in this movie. I'll let that bounce off him onto the poor everything else about the movie though.

7.7/10.0
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
Sponsored Links

WhiteWolf View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Climate Change Denier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2008 at 7:00am
From reading your reaction to it, I would have expected a much lower rating out of 10. Maybe you're making it sound worse than it really was? Or perhaps you should drop your rating a little bit.

Disappointing to hear, because I would have liked it to be a good movie. If they wanted to make a great film about teleportation, then they would do a really good adaptation of THE BAD PLACE.
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2008 at 7:12am
I guess you can say it was one of those films that are so bad that they are good. So bad that you just have to laugh at it and enjoy it. It did have a lot of fun action scenes. But the whole story/plot and themes were just plain terrible. I kept think, what kind of moron wrote this movie, me?
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
Einsteingooddog View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einsteingooddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 4:06am
That's kind of disappointing...I was really looking forward to seeing this movie...then again...all I was really expecting was stupid fun...so maybe it will fit the bill after all.

Currently reading: The Shack by William P. Young

Just Finished:Odd Hours
masha99 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masha99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 4:38am
The Star Wars Curse continues! I mean Hayden Christensen used to get great reviews before he got famous, now it's one bomb after another.

Kylesmithonline gave it 1/2 star.
Maybe all you've got is what you get to... -- Brad Cotter
Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent -- Ayn Rand/Terry Goodkind
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic