Forum Home Forum Home > Personal-Freedom.org Forums > Witchcraft/Wicca forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"Magic" Not Really Magic?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master Regional Rider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2007 at 8:51am
your dictionary definition is exactly what i said, just in different text.
Sponsored Links

Prophet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prophet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2007 at 5:07pm
Well, I do have something to say that might just confuse the subject matter. It's my own personal quote based on personal experience with the truth along with something I just added on:

There is no such thing as the truth. There is only a man/woman of well renown's belief that has been accepted into an individual's reality. Truth is something that can be proven all of the time. But nothing in this world or the next can be proven all of the time. Therefore there can only be truth when something can be proved all of the time no matter the variables.

My quote is a bit smaller than that, but as I've said before I added a bit on due to personal experiences that allow me to expand the original thought.

It is my belief that each individual shapes their own reality to suit themselves. It is when we have a wide range of beliefs and things that we believe is the truth that the lines between your reality and the reality of the world becomes one.

As I've said. Food for thought or just non-sense. I haven't really shown it to people to say whether I'm right or wrong. Well, I'm gonna go to bed now.

TTYL

Do not judge me for past aggressions. I am a man of many faces, but this one is my last.
cd27 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cd27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2007 at 7:14am
Okay, makes sense. I also have my own view of this world and science and the way things work. First we have the laws of physics, a basic constant for science. However, there is the paranormal, which seems to break the laws of physics. But there is no 'breaking' the laws of physics. We can only get around them. Here's a quote from a good friend of mine:

Originally posted by “ErikDurwoodII” “ErikDurwoodII” wrote:

You don’t “break” the laws of physics. You simply operate in an environment where said laws do not apply fully or at all.

As my theory proclaims and i have stated several times and base my entire method of science from...the laws of physics are not absolute nor permanent. There is a way around them. ANYTHING can be done and is highly possible. So what does this have to say about truth?

If the laws of physics can be adverted without consequences known, then wouldn't truth in itself be the same way? I mean, you could steal something, but not really steal it, you could kill someone and not really kill them, you could do all kinds of things that would not be a limit by the laws of physics.

How would this change truth? It wouldn't. You're looking at this in an entirely different way than i am. You're looking at this with only a physical attribute (as in, what i do, what i beleive, is mine, and no matter what you believe, it can't be truth for me, because what i believe is truth for me and i made it. It stands up against the tests, it does, but it may not be your truth, however it is mine.)

This means that your consequences for your actions are nullified, or at least you have nullified them. Tell me, do you believe that we can walk through walls? Can we? I believe we can. I want you to test it, go try and walk through a wall for me. Most likely you'll find that you can't, you'll just hit the wall and get a headache.

The only way we can walk through walls is if we somehow CHANGE the way in which the laws work. As my theory suggests, the laws of physics and this universe are not absolute nor permanent, but they are constants. If you change them, they will remain the same even when you are done. If i change the law of gravity, the constant, then i can make something heavier or lighter in any way I WANT, and nothing anyone else believes can change it.

That's how you are looking at this. That you can change it and you can make it the way you want. Since we are looking at this in a paranormal sense, this is possible. But you have to remember, the law is STILL a constant, even when changed by you, it is the same for all who do not directly try to change it.

So, in a sense, does this mean we can change what truth is for us? Absolutely, but it's still a constant. That is an absolute truth, a constant, by changing the truth...does it make it truth anymore? No, it is now false. here is a quote i found on a site:

Originally posted by http://www.absolutetruth.net/truth/ http://www.absolutetruth.net/truth/ wrote:

PROOF THAT ABSOLUTES MUST EXIST

The denial of absolute truth has more than a few serious logical problems. If we will "follow the train of thought to the station" we will find that it "derails."

Problem #1 -- Self-Contradiction. Those who would insist that there are NO absolutes are believing in an absolute. They are absolutely sure that there is nothing that is absolute. Such a philosophy is self-defeating and self-contradictory. Their statement of belief is, in itself, evidence against their belief!

Problem #2 -- Limited Knowledge. A human being, with a limited and finite mind, cannot make absolute negative statements. You can't say: "There are no dogs in Alaska" unless you have absolute knowledge of Alaska...every home, cave, etc. You would be forced to say: "With the knowledge I have now and the small evidence I have observed, I don't think there are any dogs in Alaska." (On the flip side, making an absolute positive statement is possible, because if we see dogs in Alaska, we could make the absolute statement "There are dogs in Alaska.") Likewise, a finite human.

Then, what is truth for me and what is truth for you? What must truth be to be true?

IT MUST BE CONSISTENT, ABSOLUTE, CORRECT, AND TIMELESS. That's truth, if your truth works for you and doesn't for another, then it's not truth, it's an oppinion.

CD
If I call you dumb...refer to my avatar ^
Prophet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prophet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2007 at 11:35am
But you see, my truth isn't truth because it can't be proven to work all of the time. It is merely my belief. If you choose to believe my theory then it becomes truth for you. When we were kids we believed Santa Claus to be real and it was truth for us. Of course after finding out he wasn't real a new truth was created. But if we found out a truth different from than that, we have another truth.

The average human subconsciously spends his/her life to try to find the truth. Most seek it though religion (mass belief therefore creating a truth to those people who believe in it) while others go and hit the books. But I ask you, is science not a religion within itself. Even though you can prove to me the existence of atoms and god, I can also prove to you the existence of the god and goddess. Both through the same logic. Then I ask you, where would you be?

Do not judge me for past aggressions. I am a man of many faces, but this one is my last.
cd27 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cd27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2007 at 6:22am
Okay, so, if i believe in santa clause, and you KNOW he is not real, and he REALLY ISN'T REAL, then you would still say that my belief in santa clause would constitute truth?...i have to disagree completely, really. I'm not trying to be closed minded, and i'm not stating what i believe compared to what you believe, at the moment, it is solely about how to identify truth.

You say that if i believe it then it is truth for me. Again, let me state the characteristics of truth:

Originally posted by site site wrote:

Characteristics of Truth.

Truth is sometimes difficult. That is why total commitment to It is necessary. It takes Courage to Know, Believe, Love and Practice Truth.

Truth is Consistent. It is the same wherever one goes. Truth is the same whether one is in Space or on the Earth.

Truth Endures. It stands the test of time. Truth is the same as it was 10,000 years ago. It will still be the same 10,000 years from now. The Lie cannot stand the test of time.

Truth is based on Evidence and Reason. Truth is not just some mystical, mysterious, nebulous idea.

Truth does not contradict Itself. One does not find Truth in one place and then in another place find It contradicting Itself.

Truth is Uncompromising. This is the difficult part. One cannot compromise the Truth and It still be the Truth. Truth is always right and correct.

You can't just say that becuse of your own understanding and knowledge that something is true or not...because either it is true or it is false. JUST BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE SOMETHING DOES NOT MEAN IT IS TRUE. i can believe all i want that i can walk through walls, really really believe it, and try it and run smack into it and get one heck of a headache...you know why? because even though i believed whole-heartedly that what i believed was true, it was completely and utterly false.

Truth doesn't care what you believe, and it doesn't care how you believe it, truth is truth, and it's truth becasue it is absolutely consistent and withstands contradictions and time and twisted beliefs (not saying your beliefs are twisted). My point: Why do you believe that what you believe is true? Can you prove it's true? How? Why? SHOW ME. I would like very much to see how your view of chaos works, for you to show me how it is true and that your belief makes it true.

CD
If I call you dumb...refer to my avatar ^
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic