Forum Home Forum Home > Personal-Freedom.org Forums > Witchcraft/Wicca forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"Magic" Not Really Magic?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cd27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Magic" Not Really Magic?
    Posted: February/05/2007 at 6:22am
hey guys, been a long time. Anyways, i just wanted to post something that's really come to my attention here. I've been studying for quite a while about this thing called 'psi', which is the same thing as psychic,except without the religious and other kind of stuff mixed in with it.

I am a devoted Christian, and i don't really believe in witchcraft and wicca, but i won't close my eyes to it, it's a real thing and it's out there.

one thing i've noticed, purely as a scientist, is that magic in itself does not exist. 'magic' implies the use of a power beyond our personal control, something we can 'tap into'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_%28paranormal%29

Hence we are basically saying to ourselves that, magic is the use of someone/something else's powers, right? Either way, WRONG. 'Magic' doesn't exist. What we call magic is simply a much greater understanding of the universe around us.

To a dog, when you use a phone, or when you put a walky talky in front of it and then move back a few dozen feet and talk through it, i'm quite sure that it thinks that's magic, but to us, it's just a much better understanding of the universe around us.

So, if magic is really a better understanding of the universe around us, who is understanding this? as i said before, witchcraft and wicca rely on the powers/knowledge of other 'gods' and beings, who then grant them the power. The power is essentially 'not your own', but you tap into the power of another being or diety, as i know works with Wicca b/c at one time i was one, and am now NOT one, for explicit perposes.

In my own personal oppinion, i've experienced enough with this stuff, wicca, to know that, remember, just my oppinion, there are two sides, good and evil, and the good is God, and the bad is...well, i think you can figure that out.

Anyways, if you really want to do 'real magic', try studying psionics, try studying some of my material about science. Don't rely on a religious gester to 'tap your power from', because ultimately, it's not your power and you would have ABSOLUTELY NO control over it AT ALL. This 'bieng' could get mad at you, or can disown you for any reason at all, and you'll be stuck there, because you didn't rely on your own ability to understand and search to know for yourself and instead trusted in a 'being' that is out simply to trick you to follow it and then turn on you.

Wicca relies on the 'personal gain' idea, where if you do something for yourself or to harm someone, or do anything bad, you'll get it back three fold.

CD
If I call you dumb...refer to my avatar ^
Sponsored Links

Prophet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prophet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2007 at 4:56pm
Well cd, that's just the thing. Just like you pray to your god for certain things to happen and be granted. You also tap into his power whilst doing so.

I have powers and I have strong abilities thanks to my gifts, but the powers I have only equal to so much in the long run. For me, the powers of the gods are not completely essential to my well being. This is because I live under a different set of rules than the average human being.

I have tapped into the powers of the gods as did I tap into the powers of your god (I too was a devoted Christian untill my research proved Christianity to be highly populist)through prayer and ritual. Maybe not attending a pagan church every Sunday, but giving the gods praise any way I can. Whether it be through meditation, or forming my own coven and hosting meetings that will help aid spiritual development.

The powers of the gods (including your god) is an uncontrollable factor to us who live in this world and most who live on the other side. This uncontrollability matches that of life. So in order to keep up with the ever changing world, we must depend on the powers of the gods more than our own to keep us able to adapt to sudden negative changes in our life that we can do nothing about. At least, that's my opinion.

I am not all an all-knowing being. I may or may not be wrong about what I just said. If I am I have no problem accepting my own mistake.

You see things scientifically cd, while most pagans see things spiritually. This is a place where not even plain logic can come into effect. We all do things that no one else understands. Like how some people need to eat their grits with ketchup or honey. No one really gets it but you. My thing is that as long as I like the taste of my grits with ketchup or honey than I could care less what everyone else thinks. Then again that's just me.

I hope that this explanation proved some-what legible. lolz. Well, I'll talk to you later. Keep in touch. And I'd be happy to elaborate for anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about lolz.

Latez

Do not judge me for past aggressions. I am a man of many faces, but this one is my last.
cd27 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cd27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2007 at 5:48am
I have written a response to this post earlier today, but i lost my flash drive, so i'll have to wait a few days to post it. sry.

CD
Prophet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prophet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2007 at 9:53am
Lolz, ok, take your time.

Do not judge me for past aggressions. I am a man of many faces, but this one is my last.
cd27 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cd27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2007 at 6:34am
Prophet,

Thank you so much for your response and for being so open minded about the subject (it’s not every day that I meet someone who is willing to openly express what they believe without either getting offended at the other person or just being so stubborn that there is no longer a point in the conversation). I too, at one time, was not a Christian. I used to hate it when I saw something come in the mail from a church and kept saying, “Why can’t these stupid people leave me alone?” Of course, now I understand why they do it, but at the time it had not came to me.
     My reason for believing in God is because ‘I’ came to an end, was about to commit suicide, and that’s the ONLY light I saw in the world. I don’t mean this to say that everything else is wrong or right, and I didn’t have a scientific mind at the time, but I was looking for a last hope even though I had given up (I guess we all are at times). When you have nothing to lean on, when you have no ‘restrictions’ to one thing or the other, it is very simple to look at everything individually objectively, and the only people who reached, and the only time I could honestly say God seemed real to me, was when I walked into that church. Of course, I didn’t catch immediately, I was still optimistic about it and was reluctant to even walk in to begin with.
     But now that I look back at my life, it is picture perfect, there are just WAY too many things that have happened in my life (from past to present) that just couldn’t be coincidental, that just couldn’t have happened to me on accident. I mean, each and every event in my life was like a puzzle piece leading up to a whole picture, and at the time, when I was still but pieces, I could not understand it or make sense of it, but now, years later, (today, Feb. 5th, is my five year ‘spiritual birthday’ from the moment I was saved) I can see it clearly and see events happening in my life simply to lead me to one place or another, so that I would meet a certain person, or have something happen to me, so that it would mean something to me later on.
     There has always been one thing about me though, that I don’t take anything for truth until I do extensive research on it. I have three shoeboxes FULL (actually overflowing) with research papers and articles and all kinds of stuff. That’s only been the past four years too. I didn’t go Wiccan until about 1/3 the way through my faith in Christ, because I was beginning to have doubts and had not really understood Christianity. But by seeing what I have seen, by experiencing the things I have experienced, and the research and contacts I have had with other Wiccan people, I found serious problems (which I will not mention here because I don’t want to start a riot). I won’t judge you, and I won’t tell you that you’re an evil person or that you’re going to hell because you’re a Wiccan, I know what boat you’re in all too well, and I know a lot about Wicca, not so much witchcraft. The same thing did I with Christianity, I studied it, researched it, and tried to make sense of it. I’m only recently beginning to understand what it REALLY means to be a Christian and found that I had a totally WRONG view of Christianity…one that many people today have.
     I’ve written an article on this if you would like to view it, maybe to get a better perspective on what Christianity really is all about. I’m not saying I’m Master Yoda and I’m all cool and everything and really knowledgeable about the Bible and God, I’m not perfect and don’t claim to be, but I know enough to know I’m on the right track. I can’t seem to find the actual article on my computer, but I can find the outline for it, which I’ll give you a link to for your own further study.

I really, however, would not like to discuss all of this here because of the fact that I don’t want a major debate that’s going to get off topic. This really isn’t about religion, it’s about whether or not magic is ‘magic’ or is a deeper understanding of the universe around us. I would very much like to continue speaking with you via private message or by email (s20833@psdschools.org). You seem very open minded and I respect that. A lot of people have looked to me and my statements and said that I am very closed minded, but that’s not the fact. I stick by my beliefs and don’t waver because I am grounded in my faith, but I do listen to every word you have to say, and I honestly compare it, look at it from a very open-minded view (one of my gifts is the ability to change mindsets immediately, unlike most people who have to do something or be somewhere to change their mindsets like that, I can change my method of thinking entirely instantly).
I write a lot, and that’s what I’ve done for the past five years, is just write. I’ve written several unpublished science fiction novels; a novel for Christians or those who don’t really understand what being a Christian is about, and several dozens of articles and letters. I have written my own theory spanning seventy pages typed (306 if I include ALL of my scientific ideas and don’t limit it to purely the theory itself), which is on the verge of being tested. I plan to break the laws of physics, or at least attempt to (which has been under crucial strain under the fire of arrogant scientists who don’t believe that the laws of physics which man wrote down could ever be overturned by man). I’ll listen to whatever you have to say, and will read anything you give me, but just know that you can always expect an in-depth response from me. I can understand practically anything you can give me, and I will help you understand it better as compared to my understanding of it, as I said, I do massive research on things all the time.

Well, Prophet, it’s about 12:00 A.M. where I am now, so I’m gonna shoot off to bed. Have a great day and I hope to hear from you again sometimes soon.

CD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic