Forum Home Forum Home > Sports > Football
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBowls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einsteingooddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2007 at 6:33am
Originally posted by christophersnow christophersnow wrote:

OSU is 0-8 in bowl games against the SEC.

That's because every other conference is a joke!!

Really though...if they had a playoff system like they need to...the SEC would be in the final game if not win it...every stinking year!

Georgia did get the shaft as far as the final game goes. Ranked 4th and 2 teams ahead of them lose and they go down in the rankings?? Sounds fair.
Sponsored Links

bubcar View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2007 at 6:50am
Georgia didn't win their division let alone their conference. How can you not be the champ of your half of the conference and be the national champion???. I don't know what's gonna happen in the national championship game but I know that OSU has been there the past two seasons, and this was a rebuilding season, and 3 of the last 6 so you have to give them at least a little bit of props.
"The choice is Yours"--Velocity
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2007 at 7:26am
Georgia didn't win their division because they lost to Tennessee. Georgia has the best record in the SEC east and should have gone to play LSU. Probably would have beat them. But the stupid tie breaker rule. Tennessee's final record was 8-3 and Georgia's 9-2. It's stupid that Tennessee went. I'm not saying that OSU is bad, but they should play better teams before they can be ranked so high. OSU gets beat by non-ranked teams and then beats down a bunch of teams that do nothing all year. OSU's schedule isn't even ranked in the top 50.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
Einsteingooddog View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einsteingooddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 9:45am
Alrighty...I was going to write this over in Off-Topic...but I thought I'd use the "Other Forums" so WW will be happy!!   

Congrats on Tennessee dominating the Outback Bowl, Snowman.

I wish KY would have beat FSU by more considering the condition of FSU's team...but at least they won. Florida and Arkansas really dropped the ball. Florida especially.

SEC is still king though.
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2008 at 8:34pm
Yep, only two SEC losses so far. I didn't even know when Tennessee was playing. A day after the game I found out they had won. Not a bad year. Georgia should be in the Championship. They killed a good Hawaii team.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic