Forum Home Forum Home > Sports > Football
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOuch! - The Fighting Irish Team Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2006 at 6:54pm
You're missing my point. I think that ND has a great chance of beating USC, but the problem is not who I think will win because, to be honest if it wasn't for the fact that it has implications on what Michigan does I truly wouldn't care who won this game, I'm just saying that you're correct ND can win this game, but they can't jump over Michigan in the BCS simply because Michigan beat them earlier in the season. USC on the other hand can and if they win out they will jump over Michigan and then we won't have to watch "The Game" yet again just almost two months later.
"The choice is Yours"--Velocity
Sponsored Links

WhiteWolf View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Climate Change Denier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2006 at 6:27am
I'm not missing your point, I'm just going toff on a tangent. There has been too much leading up to this game for me to take a step back now.

The other day someone walked up to me and started analyzing Notre Dame's Defensive secondary vs. USC's receiving corps and my response was...

Go Irish!

Beat USC!

WhiteWolf View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Climate Change Denier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2006 at 5:38pm
Crap. Crap-crap-crap-crap-crap. (talk about a change in tune from my last post, but that, as they say, is sports for ya)

As ND scored another touchdown with 3:30 left on the clock, they were down two scores from USC. Could it be done? Could they come back and win? Sure! Why not?

But then, as ND goes for the on-sides kick (and don't even start to tell me Charlie Weis shouldn't have gone in that direction in that spot, because we all know it was the right move), USC recieves the ball at mid-field and rund it back for a return TD by a kid who looks like he should be playing air guitar in his dormroom right now.

The game, obviously, is now over. Even as I type this, I cannot bring myself to view the rest of it. All I can say is that USC will now be No.2 and Michigan will be No. 3, and as a Notre Dame fan, there are not two other teams in the BCS, indeed in all of college sports, that I despise more.

So it's back to the drawing board for the Irish, but don't expect them to sit down and take it. Brady Quinn will be back next year and twice as good, as will that Polish receiver who's name I will not even try to spell (or is he a Sr.? I can't remember)

Anyway, that's probably all I've got for this thread until next year.

christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2006 at 6:03pm
Ouch, what a beating.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2006 at 5:42pm
They are going to have a rough time with the Tigers.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic