Forum Home Forum Home > Freshlinks.net Forums > Bicycling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNominate your heros!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerry Irons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nominate your heros!
    Posted: September/20/2006 at 1:43pm
Who is your bicycle hero?

Did you ride a really cool event lately planned by a non-profit? Or was there an “angel” who provided a warm meal and housing for you on a cold day of your tour? How about a person who got you into bicycle travel in the firstplace. You can nominate these folks for an award, and Adventure Cycling will recognize their efforts. Learn more at http://www.adventurecycling.org/outreach/awards/index.cfm
Sponsored Links

Mazda5speed View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazda5speed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2006 at 5:40am
Well... I don't really have anyone to nominate, but I sure do miss riding bicycles when I was younger with like 5 or 6 friends just haulin ass and racing when there was no problem in the world. I'm still young, only 20, but those days are over
Nothing interferes with my concentration. You could put an orgy in my office and I wouldn't look up. Well, maybe once.
GeneB View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2006 at 7:38am
I did the baja tour one year in December. Basically its from Tecate on the California border, to the tip of Baja at Cabo San Lucas. Over 1000 miles and takes about 3 weeks.
Ask me about DEAN KOONTZ Forum T-shirts. Cool.

jen the oddfrog View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jen the oddfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2006 at 8:21am
I miss mountain biking San Francisco and Marin Co, CA except I prefered hiking the steep gravel declines...(Im a bit of a klutz, me and rocks have never gotten along) but yeah otherwise my Specialized bike was my means of transportation when I lived in SF. I always wanted to do a triatholon but Ive never liked running, it kills my knees.

I nominate Gene CaboWabo!
Life can be as bitter as dragon tears. But whether dragon tears are bitter or sweet depends entirely on how each man perceives the taste.
wasim s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasim s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2017 at 11:56pm
I'm really very sorry.. my brother dead for this race...i advice you don't do this kind of risky games
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic