Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Other authors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"A Song Of Ice And Fire" George Martin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 55>
Author
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2006 at 11:09am
Sounds good, and does my list get ever longer.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
Sponsored Links

Jaqen H'ghar View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaqen H'ghar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2006 at 11:35am
make sure you move this up to the top. their like prigles, you cant have just one. or is that lays?
hammersmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammersmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2006 at 7:50am
I simply love these books.... BUT!, I hate the wait between installments. I used to order them from the UK because they were getting released months ahead their, but I don't think thats true for the last book that came out.
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2007 at 10:40am
I finally got down the characters at about mid-200 pages. I'm close to halfway through the first book. The book is about 800 pages. Not enough! There's always something happening, which is good. Usually in these long epics there is build-up, but this sweeps right into the fun.

Some of the names are hard to pronounce. And I still have a little trouble with minor characters.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
WhiteWolf View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Climate Change Denier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2007 at 3:04pm
So, Snowman. I know you are crazy about these books, but how is it going to feel after A DANCE WITH DRAGONS comes out and then you have to wait, and then wait, and then wait even more for the next volume? I can hear you going crazy already.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 55>
  Share Topic