Forum Home Forum Home > TV/Movie/music Forums > Dawson's Creek forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJoey and Dawson: Season 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joey and Dawson: Season 2
    Posted: June/05/2006 at 10:00am
Hey, i got hooked on Dawson's Creek in season 3 years ago so i never saw the first 2 seasons, but i bought the box set (yay!) and have been watching it ever since. What confuses me is the Dawsons-Joey extravaganza. Why did Joey break up with Dawson after going out for 5 episodes when she'd been in love with him since forever? It doesn't seem to make any sense, she never seemed to warm to him. When i started watching it from season 3 before i was really chuffed she ended up with Pacey, but i'd still like to know why the Dawson thing didn't work out.....
Sponsored Links

irishgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2006 at 1:46pm
Probably because they were best friends most of their lives. I have a guy best friend for 18 or 19 years, ever since college and although we had feelings for each other in the past and never acted on them because there were others involved, the thought of getting together now kind of disgusts me. We are more like brother and sister now. It just would feel wrong. Anyway, that's my take on the whole Joey and Dawson thing.
Kerri
Gchild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2006 at 2:41pm
I have seen all six seasons of Dawsons Creek and my guess would be that Joey is used to things not working out for her. She has become reliant on everything always being hard and a struggle. So when she ended up with Dawson everything was to good to be true. Plus the writers probably wanted to drag it along because, like Friends with Ross and Rachel, most of the storyline is based on there struggling romance. And if they got together and stayed together it would be hard to keep viewers coming back.
Top 10:
1.Odd Thomas 2.Life Expectancy 3.Dark Rivers of the Heart 4.From the Corner of His Eye 5.Watchers 6.The Face 7.Forever Odd 8.Night Chills 9.Intensity 10.Velocity
Paolo Macachor View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paolo Macachor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2008 at 2:10pm
I dreamed that Joey haunted me in my sleep once... seriously, because I was having dengue fever at that time.. My parents heard me calling Katie Holmes's name..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic