Forum Home Forum Home > Moped2.org Forums > Moped
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI WON A RACE!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tim~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I WON A RACE!!!!
    Posted: November/17/2003 at 5:42pm
YES! I was just out today, talking to my friends, who both have polaris 500cc quads, and where just back from riding on back trails, We decided to go to there house, so we started up and took off, and before I knew it, I was a block ahead of this kid on a 500cc quad, and I was only on this little 50cc bike! by the time we got to his house, I was 2 blocks ahead of them! I asked them if they where going full speed and they said "yeah, how did you beat this?" I had NO good answer, but it was awesome!

Edited by ~Tim~
                           ~Tim~
Sponsored Links

Targa5150 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Targa5150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2003 at 7:37pm

Tell them it is the gearing... Quads are made for the elements... Not speed.

Alan

Ride Safe, Ride Free!
Southern California
Previous peds:
'80 Puch Newport II (used)
'92 Tomos G.Bullet TTLX (new)
'00 Tomos Targa LX (new)
Now:
'05 Yellow Targa LX (45mph)
~Tim~ View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tim~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2003 at 8:01pm
O0o, ok. I just thought it was cool that my little 50 beat a 500, he said the top speed on the quad was 65 and he had it guned, so my speedo is WAY off, or polaris lied about top speed on that quad.
                           ~Tim~
donp View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master Regional Rider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2003 at 2:38am
the polaris is a nice bike but was always slow at top end and heavy. in a drag race, my warrior beat them and it was only a 350. my banshee crushed all of them in acceleration and top end, course it was heavily modified too, but even stock would have smoked them all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic