Forum Home Forum Home > Forums > Moped
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - advice needed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

advice needed

 Post Reply Post Reply
markw View Drop Down

Joined: October/22/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 1
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: advice needed
    Posted: October/22/2008 at 6:10pm
I'm thinking of buying a 1979 Honda PA50 II. However, as you can see in the picture, and as the seller also told me on the phone, it's apparently missing a cover that goes over part of the electrical parts. That leads to some questions.

1. What's the name of that cover?

2. Is it important to have?

3. If it is important to have, is it easy to find? And would it be expensive?

It looks like a cool moped, and I'd like to buy it, but not if it's going to cause me problems by not having that cover.

Thanks for any comments or advice!
Back to Top
Sponsored Links

Back to Top
donp View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master Regional Rider

Joined: October/27/2003
Status: Offline
Points: 8561
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2008 at 12:42am
like any vehicle, that bike is 30 years old and parts are nearly non existant. you can find used parts on e-bay, craigslist, and the buy/sell forums on all the moped forum sites, but you will not find much new. that bike is also a 30 mph only bike. the variator drive and over all design of the engine limits it to that speed only.
tomos is a better moped to look into only because they are the only brand still sold new in the U.S. and parts are easily available. plus there are tons of performance parts out there that can get a tomos near 50 mph easily.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

All my sites | Web Wiz Hosting Services | Privacy policy